Monday, November 21, 2011

Some FYIs-Did you know?

  • Just a friendly reminder that recess cannot be taken away from students.  North Carolina Law states that all students must receive 30 minutes of physical activity a day.  If you have phys. ed one day, you do not technically have to take them out for recess as they are receiving their 30 minutes there.  Taking away recess altogether for bad behavior is prohibited.  You may use recess to have the whole group walk or exercise if you wish.  Planning structured activities and games such as jump rope, Simon Says or kickball are also good choices.  Coach can  give you some good ideas.  If you have questions, let me know.
  • THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED BUT I FEEL YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS POLICY. All WSFCS employee arrests or DWIs/DUIs must be reported to me as soon as possible after the incident.  I don't believe we covered this at the beginning of the year so I wanted to make you aware of this policy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment